Thursday, February 24, 2011

F Is For Friends Who Do Stuff Together

WARNING: This blog post is very long
  So I decided to do a post on friends today :) Friends aren't exactly "romantic" most times but they are lovable. I LOVE my friends!
     To start off I figured I would tell you about why I have been so nonposty (non-post-e) these past couple days. This past weekend my youth group put on a play called "Don't Rock The Boat." I played Miss Marshell, an insurance lady who tells the people on the cruise ship they aren't allowed to sail (spoiler: they don't listen to me) Sunday night was out last show. It was a lot of fun working with all my youth group friends. Especially my friends Rebecca and Sydney. Sydney played a crazy nurse who wanted to give everyone sea sick injections. she played the part very well :) Rebecca played the cruise director. It was a big part and Rebecca was pretty nervous so me and Sydney tried to calm her down the best way we knew possible; by acting stupid and singing :) We decided our motto for the play was going to be Hakuna Matata (which means no worries). Sydney and I kept dancing around singing Hakuna Matata in funny voices. It was quite fun! Sunday night after everything was cleaned up and we had eaten dinner a bunch of us went to our friend Ali's house to have a Just Dance party. It was so fun!!! We ended up playing until midnight. So since my post is all about loving friends I figured I should post about my best friends and just tell you how much I love them! First off is my best friend Drew :) Yes I know Drew is my boyfriend but before he was my boyfriend he was my best friend and he still is. "How do I feel about being your friend? I feel fantastic. Your my best friend. Decide the fact you have made me cookies before, you uh.. wait backspace, beside the fact that you have given me cookies your awesome in other ways too as a friend cause I know I can always depend on you and trust you and I do really like spending time with you like my definition of friendship." said Drew about being my friend.
     Andrew James
 Secondly there's Rebecca who has been my friend since elementary school when I would step on her feet during Celebration Choir practice at our church :) I love Rebecca she is so talented in photography and always makes me laugh. Plus she's always there for me just like Drew is. "I have to say that it can be really difficult cause Hailey can be such a mean horrible person sometimes, she'll step on your feet, she'll steal your computer, and take everything you hold dear. But in the end it's worth it, now in parenthesis say (her voice was dripping with sarcasm as she said that.)" said Rebecca about being my friend.
Rebecca Marie
Photo by my friend Ashley
Thirdly there is my mom. Yeah thats right my mom is one of my best friends. I love going shopping with my mom more than anyone else. I also love when we have girl nights and stay in and color in coloring books, or watch movies, or play Just Dance.
Melinda Sue (my mom) and me :)
Fourthly is Emily Jean Gold (I don't why I used her middle name, I just felt like it.) Emily has been my friend since sixth grade when we had orchestra together. She's very fun and shares my love of Elvis Presley. We also have this saying that we are three legged drunkin' cats, because once I said we had the combined cordination of a three legged drunkin' cat ans it just kinda stuck.
Emily Jean and me
Fifthly is my friend Michelle which is the friend i've had the longest other than my mom. I've known Michelle since Kindergarden, we've been friends since both our best friends moved away before third grade so we decided we should be best friends.  "Well, (haha) how about I just e-mail you or something cause this could take a while. It's a full time job and *thinking* Yeah." said Michelle about the joys of being my friend :)
Michelle Elizabeth (note the awesome red converse!)
Lastly is my best friend that i've had since birth! He has brown hair and loves the Cardinals baseball tema just like me! Also he's very good with hugs :) His name is Mr. Stuffy Wuffy but we call him Stuffy for short. He's my teddy bear, I got him at the hospital when I was born and he's been through a lot with me :)
Mr. Stuffy Wuffy Wilbert (Wilbert is his middle name of course)
Well I have more friends that I love but I figured I would just mention my top six.
     For a moment I would like to get off subject and mention that im currently writing this in my journalism class while listening to Disney songs on my Pandora, which is awesome!!!! Also if you have not made a Walt Disney station on your Pandora I very highly recomend it.
      NOW FRIEND Q&A!!! :)
Rebecca, how would you define friendship?
"Helping each other in crazy schemes and laughing at everything and eating sour skittles and taking embarassing photos of each other."
Michelle, how would you define friendship?
"Prepare yourself, i'm going to be deep. Trust. Sarcasm. Humor. Bananas. And support. and this Pikachu kitty. And patience."
Drew, how would you define friendship?
A friend is... someone who... someone you like and can trust and you actually care about them and like them and enjoy spending time with them and it does go deeper than that I jsut can't think right now.
Rebecca, how big role do you feel sour skittles play in a friendship?
"Well, long story you see (haha) me and Mallory and Sarah were eating sour skittles on Choir Tour, it was the first night of Choir Tour, and we thought it would be interesting to film each other making ridiculous faces a we ate ten sour skittles all at once."
Michelle, how did you get so deep?
Years an years of trying my hardest to be a f-r-i-e-n-d. Deep much? You know what' really deep? That cat, meh. *pulls up picture of cat* This cat  the story of my life.
Rebecca, how do you spell friendship?
F is for friends who do stuff together. U is for you and me. N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue... United States of America. Deep gray actually cause its a gross day.
Drew, how do you spell friendship?
How do I spell friendship? Uh, f-r-i-e-n-d-s-h-i-p. Or c-o-o-k-i-e-s.
Michelle, define "banana".
A banana is a fruit that grows on trees. It is also a word one uses mainly when thinking of a random word which really makes it unrandom and only benifits the speaker when he or she is trying to banana think of the next word. You should italizies banana.
Drew, how do you feel about the word banana?
Well, I feel that the word banana is a very lively word. It makes me think of eating a banana. So ill hear banana and think 'wow what a lively word'. Lively and exciting."
Drew, do you feel there is any relation between friendship and cookies?
Sometimes friends give eachother cookies. And I would like my friends to give me cookies more often.
Drew, what is your favorite type of cookie?
My favorite type of cookie is chocolate chip. Homade chocolate chip.
Thanks to Rebecca, Michelle, and Drew for answering my odd by somewhat fun questions :)
     Here is some fun friendship quotes I thought I would share :)
"A friend is someone who will bail you out of jail. A best friend is the one sitting next to you saying "boy was that fun.""
- The Maugles
"Best friends are those who, when you show up at their door with a dead body, say nothing, grab a shovel, and follow you."
 -Author Unknown
"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
 -C.S. Lewis
"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate."
 -Charles Dickens
"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares."
 -Henri J.M. Nouwen (The Road To Daybreak: A Spiritual Journey)
"Why did you do all this for me?" he asked. "I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.'
You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing."
-E.B. White (Charlotte's Web)
"I have one last hope for you, which is something that I already had at 21. The friends with whom I sat on graduation day have been my friends for life. They are my children’s godparents, the people to whom I’ve been able to turn in times of trouble, friends who have been kind enough not to sue me when I’ve used their names for Death Eaters. At our graduation we were bound by enormous affection, by our shared experience of a time that could never come again, and, of course, by the knowledge that we held certain photographic evidence that would be exceptionally valuable if any of us ran for Prime Minister."
 -J.K. Rowling
"Once she was gone, I knelt next to Annabeth and felt her forehead. She was still burning up.
"You're cute when you're worried," she muttered. "Your eyebrows get all scrunched together."
"You are not going to die while I owe you a favor," I said. "Why did you take that knife?"
"You would've done the same for me."
It was true. I guess we both knew it. Still, I felt like somebody was poking my heart with a cold metal rod."
 -Rick Riordan (The Last Olympian)
"Friendship is everything. Friendship is more than talent. It is more than the government. It is almost the equal of family."
 -Mario Puzo (The Godfather)
"But from that moment on, Hermione Granger became their friend. There are some things you can’t share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them."
 -J.K. Rowling
I would like to take this time to tell you that if you are ever in the need to find quotes I would sugest using the website goodreads.com/quotes
     Lastly (I promise, last thing) I thought I would just show some famous friendships :)

=
*Me, Rebecca, and Drew                        Miranda, Lizzie, and Gordo

=

Ron, Harry, and Hermione                   *Me, Rebecca, and Drew
=
                  Me and Rebecca         Ethel Mertz and Lucy Ricardo                           
=
March Hare and Mad Hatter                          Me and Michelle         
=
    Simba and Nala                               *Me and Drew
=
Milo (my dog) and me                                   Steve and Blue     
=
Emily and me                                         Mushu Cri-kee



If you made it all the way through this, YOU ROCK!!!! Sorry for how long it was.

Friend photos from here: Lizzie McGuire - Harry Potter - I Love Lucy - Mad Hatter - Lion King - Blues Clues - Mulan

~You can check out moer about both Michelle and Rebecca at their own blogs. Just click on their names to go to them :)    Rebecca - Michelle

*Photo by Rebecca
God Bless

3 comments: