Monday, November 29, 2010

CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS!

      I am so EXCITED!!!! My favorite holiday ever, is Christmas!!! I love everything about it. The reason we celebrate, which is ofcourse the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! The music! I refuse to listen to anything other than Christmas music during the month of December before the 25th. The movies! I love love love Christmas movies!!! The decorations! Lights, holly, red, green, and gold everywhere! And just the feeling of good cheer and charity and love floating around at this time of the year. Now I know not everyone feels the same way about Christmas as me but to me its a magical time of the year. I just feel happier during this time. And if you know me thats crazy that I could be happier! When my friend Emily first met me she was creeped out by me cause she didn't think it was possible for one person to be so happy :)
     My moms favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. With that and my own fond feelings of the holiday, I refuse to celebrate Christmas in any way until after Thanksgiving. Every Thanksgiving I watch the Macy's Thanksgving Day Parade with my mom and ofcourse at the end of the parade is Santa. And the commitaters on TV always say that the arival of Santa in the parade means the beggining of the Christmas season! So I go by that. As soon as I see Santa in the parade on TV I can let myself celebrate. Before that time I must restrain myslef. And it is HARD!!!!!
     Well as all of you that watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade know, Santa has been seen and I am now officailly allowed to celebrate this wonderous hoilday! And as my mother put it im in "full force". My radio is set to the Christmas station, my 161 Christmas song playlist has been uploaded to my ipod, which has been plugged into my ihome. and my room has been decorated.
     My room is the biggest in our whole house! Its actually our attic, redone. My dad redid the whole thing for me and few years ago. After my parents put the lights up on the outside of our house I took the left over lights (2 strands). I wrapped them around the chimney that runs through the middle of my room and the railing that goes around my stair case. Plus I dug out my small sivler sparkily tree and decorated it with the ornaments my grandma gives me every year and the Christmas Carol ornaments I got from my grandparents when they passed away. For the rest of my room I used this set of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer movie figures I have, and a singing plush snow man. And a set of three bears the play the bells. Plus various blankets and other Christmasy things. My room is currently the most Christmasy room in our house :)
     As I mentioned, I love Chirstmas music! LOVE it! In my opinion the best Christmas singers are Jim Reeves, Bing Crosby, Elvis Presley, and Ella Fitzgerald. I also love Christmas music from the Peanuts soundtrack and all the little Christmas movies like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I also enjoy Christmas musci sang by Hilary Duff, The Beach Boys, Aly and Aj, and many others. I love so many Christmas songs its so hard to chose a favorite one. My moms favorite is Mary Did You Know? but im not so sure... Some of my favorites are White Christmas by Clyde McPhatter and The Drifters, Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me) by Elvis Presley,  Its the Same Old Christmas by Hilary Duff, We're A couple Of Misfits by Billie Richards and Paul Soles, and I Heard Santa on the Raido by Hilary Duff.
     I also metioned I love Christmas movies!!! My favorite is a tie between the wonderful amazing classic White Christmas and the always hilarious Elf. But I also enjoy classics such as Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Polar Express, Home Alone 1 and 2, Holiday in Handcuffs, Santa Claus, Unaccopanied Minors, The Grinch (the human version), and many others :) Well i've rambled on for probably too long on here. Merry Christmas all!!! I will try and post a bit more often :)
   

1 comment: