Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blue Skies

Have you ever had some one in your life that just thought of them makes you happy? Now I don't mean just boyfriends, girlfriends, or spouse's but anyone! It could be a friend, and family member, for parents their child. The other day I was watching White Christmas and in the parts they show of Phil and Bob's show's, they show a small clip of them singing the song Blue Skies by Irving Berlin. When you listen to the song it sounds just like a love song, but then I found out a little history behind it. Turns out the song was written for his daughter. Finding that out it, I listened to it again and realized that, the song describes how I feel for so many people. Even my best friends and family. The song says: "Blue skies smilin' at me, nothing but blue skies do I see. Blue birds singin' a song, nothin' but blue birds all day long. Never saw the sun shinin' so bright, never saw days lookin' so right. Notice that the days hurryin' by, when your in love my how they fly!" Can you think of anyone who makes you feel this way? Someone who can always make you smile and be happy? I know I can :)

1 comment: