Sunday, December 5, 2010

Taco chinese

     I apologize about yesterday and Friday's posts, with all the debate crazyness I had going on thats all I could get. To finish my story from Fridays post. I saw this awesome set of Charlie Brown episodes! It had "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown". AWESOME! And after we bought them and I opened them up, I found they had free itunes songs you could get!!! Only problem was that after trying the codes like 3 times each I noticed they all expired April 30, 2009... Bummer :/
     Well My weekend was nuts. At 8 AM Friday morning, I got on a school bus and headed for a debate tournament. It wasn't the most comfortable bus but it was a fun ride. After about 2 or 3 hours we finally got to our destination. We stopped at the mall there to eat. It was huge!!! After eating (Taco Bell yum!) Me and my friends Brenden (Also known as Mr. Grinch McScrooge man and/ or Trixie) and Cheryl and my boyfriend Drew all rode this awesome two story merry-go-round!!! Me, Drew, and Brenden rodes hoarses and Cheryl sat in a swing! I named my hoarse Flippy, Drews was Horhae (and Drew was a mexican banditio), and Brendens was Jimmy John. It was awesome!
     Then we headed to our hotel to change and get ready for the tournament. Then we found out that our room (our meaning me Cheryl and 2 novice) was connected to my friend Emilys room! Awesomeness :)
    Then we headed to the tournament. I performed my HI and Storytelling twice and then hung out until everyone else was done. I ended breaking (which means moving up) to semi-finals with my storytelling! I was doing the story "I Hate My Brother Harry" by Crescent Dragonwagon. Yeah Dragonwagon haha.
     We got back to the hotel that night, after stopping at McDonalds, around 11. I fell asleep somewhere between 12 and 1 AM. The next morning we were up at 6:15. Oh the love of sleep deprevation! Although I did get more sleep than everyone else in my room, who went to be around 3 AM.
     Well we went back to the tournament. Around 11:30 I preformed in semi-finals. I wasn't really nervous until I saw the kids who were going to be my judges. For sems of storytelling you get some kid judges. Well I performed and according to Drew I did pretty good but in the end I ended up getting 6th in the room and not advanceing but still, I did pretty good :)
     Later at lunch me, Drew, and 4 other friends walked down the street to a chinese resturant. It was werid it was called Chinatown Buffet but as well as chinese food they had tacos, fried chicken, french fries, and ice cream. Plus the TV was in spanish! Weird. All in all it was a good tournament! :)
    Today I got to go see White Christmas done as a play! I was so excited. It was pretty good but I was a little disappointed. Then after I went Christmas caroling with Drew and my friends Rebecca, Chavis, and Denver (Drews little brother) and the rest of our youth group! So fun! Plus I blew powered sugar in Drews face at Cici's pizza and it was funny!
     Well time for bed! Merry Christmas and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment