Friday, December 17, 2010

"Our verse"

Most couples have a song. They refer to it as "their song." Well me and my boyfriend don't have a song, but we do have a bible verse. Anytime I was or am sad about something thats happend, he will quote this verse and i'll automatically feel better. By how much we've used it, its become our "verse" in the same way couples have "their song." Our verse is Romans 8:28.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Which means that no matter what happens, God is doing it for the good of you, no matter how bad it may seem. I once heard it described like this: Say your a small puppy in a cardboard box on the street. Inside the box you feel things are bad and just plain suck and you want out of the box so badly. But God see's what you as the puppy don't see which is the giant pitbull outside the box that will tear you to pieces if you were to exit the box. So God keeps you inside the box until the pitbull is gone for good and its safe for you to exit the box. This is something that always keeps my mind at ease. I may be having the worst day of my life but I know God only means the best for me. Only God see's the big picture, each consequence of each  possible action, and what lies in store for our future. So next time your having a bad day or wonder why God would do this to you just remember Romans 8:28 and keep moving with your life. Things will get better.

Merry Christmas and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment