Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Magic

Christmas magic. Do I believe in it?.... OF COURSE! Do you? Many people don't, but I believe its how you look at it. Is it really magic? In a sense, yes but in another since no. I feel theres many types of "Christmas magic". One type is a miracle. A pure, amazing, God sent miracle. Like you find in so many Christmas movies. Another type is just the feeling of hope and cheer that seems to be floating around this time of the year. The Christmas cheer that seems to enter our hearts. Another type, probably my most favorite is the Christmas magic we create ourselves. Those little things we take the time to do that alter another persons feelings, day, maybe even life. Its those little acts of charity that can help out in big big ways. Like today I went to bell ring outside Wal-Mart with a friend. Ya know the people who wear the red apron and ring the bell next to the red money pale. Growing up I would always ask my mom for change for the bell ringer, it was just a thing we did with no real thought to it, it was a habit. It always seemed like it was that way to everyone, but standing out there today I found out the truth, that many people just pass on by without a second thought. I was out there for a little over an hour and less than half the people who walked by gave money. Now I know not everyone has the cash in these hard economic times to give but many do. The Salvation Army doesn't expect you to slip a $20 bill in the pale, its not even really expected to put as much as a dollar in, but just a few coins. A dime or two. We saw enough people today that if every person had just taken the time to put in a quarter or even just a dime we would have had a good sized amount to give to those in need. What people don't seem to see is that quarter or dime burning a hole in your pocket could be so much more. It could be Christmas magic. And charity isn't the only way to make yourself some Christmas magic, sometimes its just how you present yourself to the public around you. I always fill with cheer every time I hear someone humming Christmas songs or smile as they pass by me, and especially when I hear someone wish me a merry Christmas or a happy holidays. So I ask the question again, do you believe in Christmas magic? and to it I add another question, have you made some Christmas magic of your own? 

Merry Christmas and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment